Investing in your home is important, and when the time comes to replace windows, any homeowner will want to be sure they are getting what they paid for. It’s essential to evaluate the style, material and design of a window, but to understand your return on investment for your window purchase, it’s important to look at the long-term benefits you’ll experience throughout the years. Here are a few of them:
- Your energy bills are reduced overtime. After replacement window installment, you could see your heating and cooling costs reduced. According to the ENERGY STAR®-website, ENERGY STAR certified windows have been shown to save homeowners an average of $101–$583 annually when replacing single-pane windows.
- New windows are great for real estate. According to the National Association of Realtors 2017 Cost vs. Value Report, new wood or vinyl windows might return 73 percent of the project expense when you sell your house. If you are looking to sell your home in the next couple years, your first step might be to replace your windows.
- You could earn rebate rewards. There are easy-to-use rebate offers and a special offer finder online for many ENERGY STAR window purchases. The online finder allows homeowners to browse through available rebates through a ZIP code entry and discover the best deals in El Paso.
- New window glass can help protect your furniture. As technology has improved, new glass panes can now help diminish fading of your furniture and fabrics from damaging sunlight.
- You could earn green-energy tax credits.* Newly installed energy efficient windows that meet ENERGY STAR requirements could be eligible for a thirty-percent of costs tax credit with no upper limit in 2017. To find additional information about the specifics of green-energy tax credits for the El Paso area, check out energystar.gov.
Sometimes it pays to be energy efficient, even though the initial costs can be overwhelming. Replacement windows are a great way to spruce up your space before the fall hits, while also keeping some extra cash in your pocket for the future. Find out more about replacing new windows with Pella Windows and Doors Southwest by giving our team a call at 915-833-3066 or arranging an appointment with us online.