Fall is upon us in El Paso, and as the season begins to change, so does the indoor and outdoor décor of our houses. Now is the best time to begin thinking about how to “fall-ify” your home entryway and take advantage of some enjoyable fall accents for your replacement doors to replicate the ambiance of the season. Doors are typically the focal point of a home—they create curb appeal and can make a large impact on one’s first impression of a house. Here are some things to consider when selecting your new fall door décor:
- Creating levels in your entryway – Height is beneficial when it comes to drawing eyes to the doorway. There are several ways to produce levels, including using decorative grasses, hung lights or basket plants, or galvanized buckets to stage pumpkins or other creative fall decorations.
- Embrace color – Fall offers us a brilliant color palette every year, so your front entryway should complement it. Gourds and pumpkins continually provide a wonderful pop of color, as well as color-changing leaves and apples. Warm colors are the best selection for the fall palette.
- More than corn stalks and wreaths – There are typically staple fall decorations that are used each year, but creativity in on-trend items can make your house look unique and stylish. Some of the popular door hangers this season include:
- Wood – try a wooden sign with a entertaining fall message to give an inviting atmosphere to your entryway
- Pinecones – string several together and paint them in warm hues for an added pop of color
- Burlap sack – instead of piling fall flowers into a basket, compile a burlap bag with flowers and pumpkins and place it on your door for the perfect fall charm
- Scarecrow – turn an old straw hat into a cute scarecrow to greet guests when they appear at your door
Use your replacement door as a canvas for fall creativity during this change of seasons and wow your neighbors with lively and fun curb appeal. If you have any questions about making the most of your entryway fall décor or if you think your decorating might include investing in a new replacement door this fall, give our professionals at Pella Windows and Doors Southwest in El Paso a call at 915-213-1497 or schedule an appointment with us using our online scheduler. It’s always a good time for a new front door and a new look!