In 2017, kitchen remodeling was one of the most popular home projects and it’s a good way to increase the value of your home. But, you want to make sure that you are setting yourself up for success before demolishing your existing kitchen cabinets and floors. Follow these do’s and don’ts to get the dream kitchen you’ve always wanted the right way:
- Conduct research to ensure the contractor you’ve selected is qualified for the job. Browse reviews online, reach out to others for recommendations, and don’t settle just because one contractor has the lowest bid.
- Determine your kitchen must-haves—are you hoping to have an energy efficient kitchen? Have a specific finish or countertop material? Do you want to have high-tech appliances?
- Think about a smart floor plan for your new kitchen. Keep it functional and efficient with sufficient storage and countertop space that meets your needs and the needs of your house. What do you want to get out of the space? What do you like to use the kitchen for most frequently? Cooking? Entertaining? Spending time with your family?
- Hang on to all your receipts. Save the receipts in a safe place to submit when filing your taxes or to use if you decide to sell your home in the future.
- Focus solely on the aesthetic of your new kitchen—shiny countertops or a perfect color palette aren’t the most vital things about your new kitchen. Make sure the quality of your cabinets, countertops and replacement windows is high to keep your kitchen running efficiently for a long time.
- Forget to consider the budget! Remain on budget by prioritizing based on your needs and what features are most important to you. We advise budgeting at least 10 percent more than what you believe you’ll need so you can cover unpredictable costs during the remodeling process.
- Forget to consider windows! Pella Windows and Doors Southwest has a range of excellent kitchen window styles that can pull together an entire kitchen remodel.
One of the most important items of a kitchen remodeling project is the windows—they allow light into your space, set the tone for the room and give you a gateway to the outdoors, which really feels nice when there’s a cool breeze on a summer day. If you are interested in replacement windows as a part of your kitchen remodel, give our experts at Pella Windows and Doors Southwest a call at 915-833-3066, stop by our El Paso showroom or arrange an in-home consultation with us online so we can help you pick out the right replacement windows for your kitchen needs.