Cooler temps are heading our way in El Paso and when the temperature lowers, the utility bills can often surge. There are a lot of things that you can do to prepare for the chilly season and equip your home for the weather change. Storm door installation can help with your home comfort throughout the winter season, and Pella Windows and Doors Southwest is here to help prime your home for what’s ahead.
What is so noteworthy about storm door installation? While storm doors are beneficial regardless of the season, here are some of the benefits that storm doors provide during El Paso winter:
- They increase energy efficiency – Storm doors are an additional layer between the outdoors and your indoor comfort. Their glass covering option decreases energy loss and can help lower monthly costs on your heating this winter.
- They increase home security – Just as storm doors offer an added layer of protection from the elements, a locked storm door also gives another barrier for burglars or other uninvited guests.
Storm door installation is a great way to prepare your entryway for the upcoming winter, but here are other ideas to save some money around the house as the colder weather arrives:
- Check weather stripping. If your weather stripping isn’t secure, cold air can find its way in and affect your home comfort. If you have issues when reattaching or replacing loose weather stripping surrounding the doors and windows, give our Pella Windows and Doors Southwest team a call and we will gladly help.
- Clean window sills and moving parts. Debris can accumulate in the moving parts of your windows and doors, especially in your window sills. Find a dry paintbrush and clear these areas to produce a tighter seal and improve the performance of your doors and windows.
- Repair damaged exterior surfaces. Any weak spots on the foundation of your home, such as deteriorating siding or a cracked roof spot, could permit cold air to enter into your home. Consult with a professional to repair these issues before the winter hits El Paso.
If you have any more questions about winterizing your home, or about storm door installation this winter, give the team at Pella Windows and Doors Southwest in El Paso a call at 915-213-1497 or visit our showroom to chat face-to-face with our experts. We want to help get your home ready to handle the changing weather.