Winters in El Paso can bring a lot of weather changes: colder temperatures, wetter environments and cloudy skies. One of the best ways to warm up the look of your home throughout this sometimes dreary time of year is by adding a wooden replacement door. The detailed wood doors from Pella Windows and Doors Southwest are made to complement your home and insert warmth to your entryway. Each Pella Windows and Doors Southwest collection offers a different style for your El Paso home:
- Traditional: The Traditional Collection features unique glass designs and detailed wood panels for an everlasting look.
- Craftsman: The Craftsman Collection highlights simple, symmetrical detailing with a steadfast make.
- Classic: The Classic Collection adds elegance and charm to your space with a historic feel, decorative designs, beveled glass and true divided-light grilles.
- Old World European: The Old World European Collection takes guests back in time when they walk up to your home. Textured glass and decorative iron accents add grandeur and character to your entryway.
Now that you have a better understanding of the types of wooden doors available to you from Pella Windows and Doors Southwest, how do know if a wooden door is appropriate for your space? There are several advantages to wood replacement doors besides their style and warmth. Here are additional factors you should discuss:
- Because the doors are comprised of wood, they are easier to customize. Door panels, molding and any other distinct features can easily be crafted into wood to make your front door matchless. You can also highlight your wood’s natural grain with stain.
- Depending on the weather in your area, wood replacement doors and windows can be a long-lasting, durable product. Wood doors commonly require an overhang, so you will want to remember that for your replacement project. That means that wood doors may help increase your home’s energy efficiency, and even reduce noise from the outdoors.
- Because wood is a natural material that can be shaped in an assortment of ways, wooden doors can be custom made to fit almost any size of doorway. And it isn’t difficult to insert glass windows or pieces into a custom door for increased light.
- According to Consumer Reports, wood is one of the best door materials for resisting wear and tear. Wood doors are less likely to dent and scratch and are less of a hassle to repair. However, to keep the doors looking their best, they require ongoing painting or varnishing on a frequent basis.
The entryway is the main point of any home. If you are seeking an inviting upgrade this winter, or just want to try out a more unique look for your house, chat with our Pella Windows and Doors Southwest experts about wood replacement doors. Stop by our El Paso showroom or schedule an appointment with us online.